Snake

Green Valley Fire District firefighters relocated this rattlesnake Thursday night after it bit a local resident.

A 50-year-old Sahuarita woman was taken to Banner University Medical Center Thursday night after she was bitten by a rattlesnake in a neighborhood near Anamax Park.

Green Valley Fire District spokesman L.T. Pratt said the woman was walking out of a gate in the 17000 block of South Placita De Magia when the snake bit her.

"She was unaware the snake was there and heard no sounds until after the bite," Pratt said.

Firefighters found and captured the snake and relocated it to a desert area, he said.

Load comments