If you’re a veteran interested in refinancing your home mortgage, you should look into a VA Streamline loan, also known as a VA to VA loan or Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan (IRRRL). The key aspects of VA Streamline loans are:
• You must be a veteran to qualify.
• You must have already used your original VA benefit.
• You can only use the benefit once for the current home
• Refinancing should lower your interest rate or change an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) to a VA Streamline.
• No appraisal is required, underwriting will want you to be current on your loan.
• An email from the VA can be used instead of your Certificate of Eligibility.
• You don’t need to use your current lender.
• Can be done with no money from you by wrapping fees into the loan.
• A VA funding fee of .5 percent must be paid in cash or included in the loan, unless you are exempt.
• You can’t receive cash back from the loan.
If you’re interested in and eligible for a VA Streamline loan, be sure to shop around for the best rate. You’re under no obligation to stay with your current lender.
For more information on these or other home loans, contact Steve at Nation’s Lending at 520-612-0479, or stop in at 210 W. Continental Road, Suite 116A, Green Valley AZ 85622.
Corp NMLS # 32416