Not only is our weather hot but the housing market is even hotter. Since the first of the year over 600 homes have been sold in Green Valley. Currently, there are just over 200 homes for sale.
Sellers always ask, “How much is my home worth?” The truth is, even in a hot market not all homes sell. Here are a few tips to help sell your home quickly and for the most money:
- Don’t overprice your home. Price it just above current comps. Don’t get greedy. Not setting the right price from the start is the number one reason homes don’t sell.
- Make it easy to show. Buyers won’t buy what they can’t see.
- Post great photos on the internet. This is where the buyers look 1st.
- Make your home inviting. Open the blinds to make the house bright. Use air fresheners to remove odors or stale smells.
- Update and repair. Replace old appliances and carpet, paint and do all needed repairs. Buyers in Green Valley don’t want fixer uppers.
- Keep your AC on. It’s good for your home and buyers will stay longer to look around if it’s cool inside.
Next Month, “How to get a great deal in a seller’s market.”