A large pile of pecan shells spontaneously caught fire as the heat from decomposition rose to the combustion point, and high winds turned it to flames late Monday afternoon.
Staff from Farmers Investment Company, which owns the property where the approximately 40-by-40 foot stack sat, and Rural Metro firefighters spread some of the material out and doused it with water, extinguishing the flames in about an hour, a Rural Metro spokesman said. No structures or people were harmed.
You must login to view the full content on this page.
Or, use your linked account: